Bethany A. Bartlett is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department and chair of the firm's Solar Energy Practice Group. Her practice focuses on transactional real estate and includes the acquisition, disposition, leasing and financing of both developed and to-be-developed properties, including land use, zoning and permitting matters, as well as conservation and deed restrictions for the preservation of open space.
Bethany has a specialty concentration in representing lenders in complex financing transactions, including New Market and Historic Tax Credit deals, as well as permanent financing for solar facilities.
Prior to joining the firm, Bethany was an associate at Deutsch Williams Brooks DeRensis & Holland P.C. in Boston, where she gained substantial experience representing various municipalities concentrating on a variety of real estate matters, including project permitting, title disputes, conservation and land use restrictions and ensuring statutory compliance for real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
Bethany clerked in the Massachusetts Land Court and was law clerk to the Honorable Rudolph Kass at the Massachusetts Appeals Court following graduation. While at Suffolk University School of Law, she was Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of High Technology Law.
- Large supermarket chain in connection with real estate matters, including development, leasing, acquisition and disposition, and bulk sales of store locations
- Nonprofit community developer in real estate transactions related to acquisition, development and financing (including historic, new market, and low income housing tax credit transactions)
- High technology company in disposition of commercial property with leaseback component
- Developers in the purchase and financing of unimproved land or land to be redeveloped including review of zoning and permitting
- Shopping center owners with permitting matters relating to tenants, signage and parking
- Commercial bank in term loan financing of a 3 megawatt solar installation
- "Financing Community Health Centers Requires Team Of Experts," Banker & Tradesman, March 26, 2012
- "Finding Financing In New Markets Tax Credits," Banker & Tradesman, with Douglas M. Henry, March 29, 2010
- "The Land Court," chap., Crocker's Notes on Common Forms, 9th ed., Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 2006
- 2014 Massachusetts Solar Update, June 30, 2014
- 7 Tips for Financing Solar Projects, May 15, 2013
- No writing? No problem. When a Purchase & Sale may be found enforceable, July 18, 2012.
- 4 Lessons on Funding a Community Health Center with New Markets Tax Credits, March 27, 2012.