Paula G. Curry is a Partner in the firm's Real Estate Department. Her practice focuses on complex real property transactional matters throughout the United States, such as multi-site sales and acquisitions, assemblages, and representing borrowers in securitized financings and other real estate financing transactions. Paula became a LEED Accredited Professional in September 2008.
Paula's clients include developers, retailers, property managers and corporations, including Fortune 500 companies. Before beginning her legal career, Paula was a design engineer in the field of wastewater treatment and ultrapure water treatment.
For ten years, Paula was senior counsel to Kaitz + Associates, LLP and its predecessors. Before that, she was associated with Bingham McCutcheon, LLP, where she specialized in environmental law, representing lenders in connection with financings related to environmental and energy services projects.
- Developer of 500,000 sq. ft. shopping center anchored by Target and Home Depot stores in southeastern Massachusetts in connection with all sale and leasing matters
- Commercial real estate developer in connection with acquisition of 100-acre office and R&D campus in southern New Hampshire
- Subsidiaries of Thermo Fisher Scientific in connection with numerous matters, including:
- Purchase and sale of former Helmsley-Spears residential complex as part of settlement of environmental claims against Thermo Electron Metallurgical Services, Inc.
- Disposition of excess properties in several locations including Mt. Kisco, New York; Kingwood, Texas; and Winchester, Virginia
- Various leasing and subleasing matters
- Joint venture seller of Assembly Square Mall in Somerville, Massachusetts
- Purchaser of former Ann & Hope locations throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Borrowers in connection with complex financings including CMBS financings and sale/leaseback transactions
- "Second Life for Empty Boxes," Northeast Real Estate Business, with Richard J. Kaitz, August/September 2010
- "How Will New MassHighway Regulations Affect Real Estate Decision-Making?," panelist, Sherin and Lodgen LLP's Annual Real Estate Seminar, September 2007
- R.E.Action 2010: The Real Estate Industry Year of Community Service, firm ambassador