Steven D. Eimert is a partner in the firm's Business Law Department, where he focuses on the organization, financing and on-going representation of private companies. Steve has special expertise in the federal and state regulation of credit unions, a specialized form of insured depository financial institution and is experienced in the full range of legal services required by closely-held businesses, including organization, capital-raising, governance, executive compensation, joint ventures and other forms of strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions and planning for intergenerational ownership and management transitions.
Steve has represented issuers in raising over $1 billion in equity capital over the course of his career. He serves as an independent trustee of a private family trust and is a member of the board of directors of Expal USA, Inc., the US subsidiary of the Maxam group of military and civilian companies based in Madrid. He has for several years been recognized by Boston Magazine as a “Super Lawyer,” reflecting his peer-rating as being among the top 5% of all business/corporate lawyers in both Massachusetts and New England.
- Business clients, including manufacturing, energy, timberland investment and management, real estate, and technology
- Numerous credit unions in an array of matters, including internal governance, specialized finance/capital-raising, CUSO-based ancillary business lines and regulatory affairs
- Advises clients on executive compensation strategies (including insurance-funded SERPS), shareholder disputes and workplace issues, and the creation and operation of nonprofit foundations
- Serves as a trustee of certain charitable foundations
- Masconomet Regional District School Committee member, serving Boxford, Middleton, and Topsfield, Massachusetts