Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
Boston College Graduate School of Social Work, M.S.W.
Boston College, B.A., Psychology, summa cum laude
|Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
Matthew C. Moschella
Matthew C. Moschella is a partner in the firm's Litigation Department. In addition to representing clients in all types of civil litigation, he is a member of the firm's Employment Law and Professional Liability Groups. Matt counsels clients in various industries on employment risk management issues, including employment contracts, employee handbooks, non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements.
Matt gained valuable experience after law school as a law clerk to the Hon. Judith Gail Dein, U.S. Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts. During law school, he interned with a District Judge at the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the civil division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts, two Boston civil litigation firms, and the Massachusetts Department of Social Services' legal department.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "How to Survive and Thrive as an Associate," panelist, Massachusetts Defense Bar Association program, October 12, 2011
- "Employment Law in Massachusetts: What Out-of-Staters Need to Know," Sherin and Lodgen LLP Client Advisory, August 2011
- "Preventing Problems Arising Out of Employers' Use of Social Media Tools to Make Hiring Decisions," Corporate Counsel, January 26, 2011
- "Employing individuals with mental health issues," Massachusetts Medical Law Report, November 2010
- “The Home Improvement Contractor Act,” panelist, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, April 2010
- "One Size Does Not Fit All: Approaches to Internal Investigations," panelist, Association of Corporate Counsel, Northeast Chapter, March 2010
- "Handling Depositions with Confidence," panelist, Massachusetts Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, May 2009
- "Fair Labor Standards Act and State Wage and Hour Laws," speaker, Massachusetts Credit Union League, May 2009
- "Emerging Issues in the Changing Workplace: Where technology, workplace regulation, and privacy intersect," panelist, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, March 2009
- "Defending Death Row Inmates and Adjudicated Criminals: Representation Day by Day," panelist, BBA Criminal Law Section, June 2008
- "Employment Practices Liability Insurance," panelist, Insurance Coverage Explained for Business, Real Estate and General Counsel, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, August 2007