Andrew Royce is a partner in the firm's Real Estate Department. His practice focuses on commercial real estate development and lending, including construction and term loans, property acquisitions and sales, leasing, permitting and land use. Andy is experienced in multi-state portfolio loans, syndicated loans and participations, mezzanine loans, condominiums and cooperatives, multi-family developments, senior housing, assisted living and affordable housing developments.
The U.K. publisher Chambers and Partners named Andy among the leading practitioners in the nation in the 2009 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers.
Andy joined the firm in 1986. Before beginning his legal career, he worked for several years as a psychiatric social worker at St. Mary's General Hospital in Lewiston, Maine. He is originally from the Philadelphia area.
- Life insurance lender on $127 million portfolio loan to Boston area developer secured by 41 industrial properties located in nine states
- Syndicated lender on $145 million construction loan for major Boston mixed-use project
- Boston bank on 25 successive mortgage loans to the same New England developer during the past 12 years
- Boston area developer on a dozen residential projects, including mid-rise apartments, condominiums, affordable housing and senior housing, including land acquisition, permitting, construction and permanent financing and leasing
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "Real Estate Financing Topics We All Avoid: Insurance, Title Insurance, Bankruptcy and Mechanic's Liens," co-chair, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, May 2006