Tracey M. Stockton
Tracey Stockton is a partner in the Firm's Real Estate and Corporate Departments. She has a broad and deep transactional real estate practice coupled with significant experience in corporate mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance. Representative clients include developers, private equity firms, multinational banks and investment houses, nonprofit entities, public agencies and operating companies. Tracey became a LEED Accredited Professional in 2008.
Tracey has far reaching experience in the acquisition, disposition, public and private financing, and leasing of commercial real estate. Her experience as general counsel to multi-national manufacturing entities, publicly-held consultancies, and foreign banking institutions has provided her with keen insight into corporate operations best-practices. She has served in a first chair role relative to transactions involving over 12 million square feet of commercial space in the manufacturing, mixed-use, retail, technology and office sectors.
In addition to her real estate work, Tracey has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions in the manufacturing sector having lead negotiations valued in excess of $5 billion over her career.
- Transactional and leasing counsel to developer of retail shopping centers
- Transactional counsel to McDonalds in connection with inner-city sale leaseback transaction
- Performed over $500,000 million in pooled note sales
- Co-authored the master lease for 1 World Trade Center
- Acquired over 25 manufacturing plants in 4 countries as the Managing Director and General Counsel of a leveraged buyout firm
- Legal lead in liquidating North American real estate portfolio valued at over $2.1 billion on behalf of foreign lender
- Managed multi-national leasehold portfolio comprised of in excess of 2 million square feet.
- Leasing counsel to financial services firm landlords and publicly-traded REITS
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- "Business Interruptions: Whose Liability Is It?" Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, October 7, 2013
- Speaker at the Boston Bar Association's "Current Issues in Leasehold Financing" Brown Bag lunch, October 2012.
- Guest Speaker to the Edward St. John Real Estate Program of the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- “The Unforeseen Reach Of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act, How The Enactment Of A Statutory Scheme Designed To Heighten Public Company Financial Accountability Will Affect Management Information Systems In All Organizations,” published in Women In Technology 2005 IT Journal.
- "Is Your Commission Sharing Agreement Legal?”, published in CoreNet Global Industry Tracker Member Viewpoint, December 2011.
- Commercial Real Estate Women, Washington, D.C.
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Development Committee, member
- Member, Board of Directors, St. Paul’s Foundation
- The Greater Boston Food Bank
- Capitol Area Food Bank, Washington, D.C.
- John Paul II Fellowship, Washington, D.C.