Investment in real estate is no longer limited to traditional developers and building owners. More and more operating companies today own and lease millions of square feet in all kinds of properties, including office, manufacturing, research and development, warehouse and more.
For these companies, the ability to effectively and efficiently manage their real estate has become increasingly important. Rising occupancy and facility costs threaten to consume a larger portion of corporate income and the bottom line. Real estate ownership, however, is not their core business. The complexities of acquisition, leasing, operating, financing, and disposition of real estate present significant--and largely foreign--legal issues and concerns. Sherin and Lodgen's attorneys have extensive experience counseling corporate real estate departments and their outside advisors. Our attorneys have worked on the full range of real estate related issues from the corporate perspective. This includes:
- Multi-property portfolio sales
- National disposition programs
- Individual site acquisition or leasing, and
- Sale-leaseback transactions
We understand the processes, constraints and goals that drive corporate real estate departments in the handling of their assets. Our capabilities include site acquisition, permitting, due diligence, leasing, financing, disposition, operational issues and environmental matters.
Sherin and Lodgen has served as corporate real estate counsel in connection with:
- A top Fortune 500 high technology company's corporate disposition program throughout the United States and Canada
- High technology companies' national leasing programs
- A food wholesaler's sale-leaseback transactions throughout the United States