Property Ownership and Management
Abrupt and relentless changes in the marketplace--including greater institutional involvement and investment--have made property management and ownership more sophisticated and competitive than ever before.
Real estate owners and managers expect their legal team to be equally sophisticated, efficient and strategically minded. They expect legal services to be aligned proportionally with the scale of the project, whether a core business need or an entry-level matter, including:
- Sales and acquisitions
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Client or vendor contract negotiation and implementation
- Employment relations
- Environmental and regulatory issues
- Financings (debt or equity)
- Joint ventures
- Shareholder disputes
This industry increasingly looks to Sherin and Lodgen's efficient, multi-disciplinary approach. Owners and managers trust our attorneys to evaluate and resolve business problems and opportunities on a variety of strategic levels, including retail and office lease program planning and implementation, management services and contracts, general real estate services, and financings and real estate redevelopment. Industry leaders also depend on Sherin and Lodgen for trademarks, employment issues and entity-level restructurings and disputes.
Teamwork is another industry characteristic. Our attorneys work side-by-side with the client's principals and other professionals, providing seamless and effective legal support. This often includes traditional legal services, such as pre-sale diligence review and analysis, portfolio reviews relating to internal analyses of acquisitions and sales, and drafting and tailoring standard-form documentation for use throughout a building or portfolio. It also often means working with pension fund or other institutional investment advisors and asset managers, senior property or portfolio managers, and day-to-day operations personnel.
- Primary legal counsel for regional property management company encompassing all aspects of service including leasing and general real estate, corporate counsel, employment and trademark matters, review and negotiation of management and vendor contracts
- Primary leasing counsel for regional property management company with both owned and managed office buildings and retail centers
Acquisitions and Dispositions
Joshua M. Alper
Joshua M. Bowman
Gary D. Buchman
Robert M. Carney
Paula G. Curry
Anthony L. DeProspo, Jr.
Steven D. Eimert
Douglas M. Henry
Richard J. Kaitz
John C. La Liberte
Ronald W. Ruth
John J. Slater III