Food Marketing and Distribution
We recognize the cardinal rule of the food industry: Thou shall not waste--time, motion, effort...anything. Today's increased costs, greater competition and razor-thin margins have driven this point home with unforgiving clarity.
Every segment of the industry is focusing unlike ever before on their core activities. Everyone operates at heightened levels of efficiency.
Clients expect their legal counsel to be just as efficient. They want lawyers who are more than technically sure-handed. Food industry clients want their lawyers to be responsive and to handle legal assignments with resources in proportion to the scale of the problem or challenge.
Sherin and Lodgen attorneys have a go-to reputation in the food industry. We've helped a wide range of makers, distributors and retailers with real estate, corporate and business issues, including:
- Retailers leasing, acquiring, developing, financing or disposing of retail, warehouse or distribution facilities
- Food manufacturers acquiring processing and distribution facilities
- Supply chain logistics firms acquiring, leasing, selling, developing or operating large warehouse and distribution facilities
Our firm assists businesses in analyzing, structuring and closing these transactions.
We have worked with food manufacturers and distributors, from start-ups to mature performers, in connection with:
- Acquiring and selling businesses and assets
- Shareholder and other entity level matters
- Financings (equity and debt)
- Trademark and other IP issues
- Distribution and licensing for strategic relationships
- Sale-leaseback transactions of multi-location, industrial and warehouse distribution facilities throughout the country
- Sale of natural food product manufacturer to a large natural foods company
- Trademark and all level of general corporate representation of high-end chocolatier
- Distribution contracting for medical foods company
- Negotiating vendor and customer contracts
Acquisitions and Dispositions
Joshua M. Alper
Robert M. Carney
Deborah Howitt Easton
Ronald W. Ruth
C. Forbes Sargent III
John J. Slater III