Businesses throughout the nation recognize Sherin and Lodgen as one of the premier shopping center law firms. For more than 60 years, we have:
- Represented shopping center developers, landlords, property managers, and retail tenants
- Negotiated commercial leases, including ground leases, pad leases, space leases, and synthetic leases, and
- Been involved in thousands of shopping center tenant lease negotiations
In addition to shopping center and retail leasing, Sherin and Lodgen has considerable experience in the leasing of office, industrial, warehouse, and research and development space, on behalf of landlords and tenants.
We complete deals effectively, efficiently, and honor time-sensitive deadlines. Our real estate attorneys understand the specific business issues in lease arrangements and combine practical solutions with a thorough understanding of the law.
Our attorneys are known as leaders in this field. Edward M. Bloom, one of our partners, is the editor of Lease Drafting in Massachusetts, the authoritative resource for leasing attorneys in Massachusetts. Our attorneys are active in the leasing committees of the Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, and the Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts. We are frequently invited to present to the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), and the Urban Land Institute.
- Long-standing representation of national supermarket and big box chains in leasing and development
- Negotiation and documentation of large scale big box, warehouse, and research and development leases
- Negotiation of long term ground leases and master leases for retail and commercial development
- Multi-party air rights and development
- Negotiation of leases in multi-tenant office park