Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
Landlords, tenants, and lenders of all types and sizes have sought our counsel for complex and sophisticated insolvency proceedings relating to retail, commercial and/or industrial real estate.
Together with our clients, we have been involved in shaping the outcome of some of the nation's largest and most complex Chapter 11 Reorganizations. Our goal has been to maximize the recovery on our clients' claims in these bankruptcies while maintaining a positive cost/benefit ratio.
Insolvency and Creditor Rights Litigation
Our creditors rights and insolvency team has earned a go-to reputation for secured, unsecured, and trade creditor representation in litigation and insolvency disputes. The Sherin and Lodgen team has successfully assisted our clients in difficult insolvency litigation, including:
- Bankruptcy claims prosecution and claims defense
- Prosecuting and defending avoidance and turnover actions
- Discharge and dischargeablity litigation
- Lease assignment, assumption, and rejection litigation
- Protection and the prosecution of our clients' intellectual property rights in the insolvency arena
We have been lead counsel in complex bankruptcy and creditor rights cases in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Real Estate Insolvencies
Sherin and Lodgen's insolvency professionals specialize in representing our clients in all types of real estate related insolvencies. We advise our clients in the mediation, negotiation, and litigation of all aspects of business relationships deriving from a common interest in retail, commercial or industrial real estate, including:
- Advising lenders and providing guidance in handling problem credits of all types
- Straight forward workout to complex financial reconstructing
- Commercial foreclosures and multi-property repossession
- Purchase and sale of a commercial landlord's or tenant's lease rights through an insolvency proceeding
- Representing purchasers and sellers in the acquisition of assets in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases