Businesses and individuals look to Sherin and Lodgen's Employment Law Group for help with all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. For example:
- We help employers assemble a comprehensive program of employment practices. This includes everything from drafting personnel policy manuals and employment contracts to dealing with post-termination restrictions on employment.
- Our employment law attorneys have advised and represented employers regarding discipline, termination, severance, substance abuse, drug testing, sexual harassment, discrimination and reasonable accommodation issues.
The members of the group take a practical, cost-conscious, results-oriented approach to the problems that employers face on a daily basis. Our main goal is to identify and eliminate problems before they arise.
Such "preventive maintenance" can be an effective strategy to avoid expensive litigation. A substantial aspect of our practice, nevertheless, involves litigation of employment disputes.
We represent both employers and employees before the MCAD and EEOC and in state and federal courts. These actions often involve employee-shareholder disputes, enforcement of non-competition agreements, violation of employment agreements, discrimination, sexual harassment, disability and wrongful termination suits.
- Day-to-day employment advice to numerous companies regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, Family Medical Leave Act and general employment issues
- Negotiation of employment agreements, non-competition agreements, severance and buy-out agreements, and stock ownership agreements--on behalf of both employers and employees
- Alleged violations of non-compete agreements, including litigation in state and federal courts, on behalf of both employers and employees
- Counsel for employers in connection with layoffs, reductions in force and severance issues
- Shareholder disputes that involve employment relationships--on behalf of both employers and employees
- Sexual harassment, discrimination and other employment related claims, including representation before the MCAD and in state and federal courts, for both employers and employees
Sherin and Lodgen attorneys led a series of Employment Seminars. Click here to learn more.