Sherin and Lodgen LLP was founded in 1945 by Arthur Sherin and George Lodgen after several years of practice in Boston following their graduations from Harvard Law School. The firm initially specialized in commercial real estate and soon earned a regional reputation for significant projects in New England involving major developers and retailers.
In 1982 several experienced litigators joined the firm and brought a substantial commercial litigation practice with them. The firm then underwent a period of substantial growth, expanding its client base to include major corporations, lending institutions, contractors, law firms, and nonprofit institutions.
Since then Sherin and Lodgen has operated four departments – real estate, litigation, business law, and employment. By design, we are not a general practice firm offering all things to all clients. Instead, we have chosen to focus on what we do best, attracting talented, experienced attorneys in these practice areas. The firm presently has over forty attorneys and one of the largest real estate departments in Massachusetts. We are large enough to provide breadth and depth of service in our practice areas, yet small enough to be efficient and responsive.
Sherin and Lodgen’s litigation department represents a variety of businesses, organizations and individuals in large-scale commercial disputes throughout the country. We are experienced in efficiently and effectively organizing and managing high-stakes litigation, which often involves complex case management, including e-discovery, large-volume document review, collection and production, and multi-jurisdictional, multi-action deposition discovery.
We have been widely recognized for our commitment to excellence:
- Members of the Firm have been recognized for excellence in the areas of Real Estate, Commercial Litigation, Employment, and Bankruptcy/Restructuring by Chambers and Partners
- Our Real Estate Department has been ranked both nationally and locally by U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Law Firms”
- Ten of our partners have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
- Two of our partners are Fellows of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, two are Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers and one is a Fellow of the American College of Employment Lawyers
- The Firm has an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers