- Employment Litigation
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Litigation
- Solar Energy
- Commercial Finance
- Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Corporate Real Estate
- Land Use Permit Advocacy
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy
- Business Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Professional Fiduciary, Estate, & Probate Litigation
- Professional Liability
The field of solar energy is a growing and complex industry filled with opportunity for businesses and organizations committed to sustainability. Solar projects contain their own host of legal and regulatory issues. Sherin and Lodgen attorneys are experienced in helping to navigate the complexities in the solar marketplace.
Our attorneys are actively involved in industry organizations such as the New England Clean Energy Council, solar policy working group, and regularly attend solar energy events to stay apprised of ongoing developments in the industry.
We advise these clients on:
- Structuring financing for solar portfolios, including multi-site locations
- Negotiating power purchase agreements, ground and rooftop leases
- Advice and consultation related to securing, documenting and preserving tax credit and other benefits arising from renewable energy production
- Securing easement rights in connection with solar farm assemblages
- Lender in bridge, construction to term, and permanent financing of both operating and to be constructed Solar PV Installations. Also as lender and tax equity investor in a twinned Solar Investment and New Market Tax Credit Transactions.
- Lender in permanent financing for 11 ground mounted solar facilities in Georgia totaling 15 MW in a partnership flip structure with a tax equity investor.
- Lender in the development of a virtually net metered 3.106 MW solar project located in Halifax, Mass. The deal involved Boston Private’s $6.8 million loan for project development. The electricity generated by the project will be sold to the City of Brockton under a power purchase agreement with investor and owner NuGen Capital. See press release for more information.
- Developer in the purchase, installation and financing of solar array in Hyde Park, MA, Boston’s largest roof mounted solar project at the time.
- Boston College High School for their solar array power purchase agreement and lease in Boston, MA.
- Solar developers in both membership interest and asset purchases of solar projects, including negotiation of leases and power purchase agreements.
Our clients include:
- Lenders and Banks
- Boston Private Bank & Trust Company
- Cambridge Savings Bank
- Kearsarge Energy
- Union Bank & Trust Company