Barbara T. O’Toole
Barbara T. O’Toole represents businesses and individuals in complex commercial disputes.
An associate in the firm’s Litigation Department, Barbara’s experience includes representing real estate businesses and individual land owners in real estate related matters involving lease disputes, eminent domain, easement disputes, and adverse possession. In her employment practice, she represents businesses in resolving discrimination and harassment disputes.
Active in the legal community, Barbara is a member of the Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts (AALAM), Boston Bar Association, and the Women’s Bar Association. She is an active supporter of Rice Sticks and Tea, a food pantry program serving low-income Asian immigrant and refugee families in Boston.
Prior to joining Sherin and Lodgen, Barbara worked for another Boston law firm representing architects and engineers in construction litigation and parties to real estate disputes. She served as a law clerk for the Massachusetts Appeals Court for Justice Francis Fecteau and as a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court. Barbara is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- “Clerks’ Insights on Covid Changes and Electronic Filing in Superior Court Civil Cases,” moderator, Boston Bar Association, March 29, 2021
- “CLE: Practicing with Professionalism,” moderator, Boston Bar Association, March 5, 2021
- “Enforcing Contracts During A Pandemic: Surveying the Initial Judicial Response to Covid-19 Contract Defenses,” panelist, Boston Bar Association, December 1, 2020
- “Business Litigation Session Year in Review 2020 Webinar,” co-moderator, Boston Bar Association, June 17, 2020
- “From Border Wall to Courtroom: The Judge Shelley Joseph Indictment,” moderator, NAPABA & AABANY, September 2019
- Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
- Boston Bar Association
- Business Litigation Section Steering Committee
- Women’s Bar Association