Douglas M. Henry
Pronouns: he, him, his
Douglas M. Henry is the firm's managing partner.
He represents real estate developers, public and private companies, independent power producers, lending institutions, and other corporate and individual clients regarding the acquisition, permitting, financing, leasing, operation, management, and disposition of real estate facilities. His practice includes the representation of clients in connection with complex downtown and suburban development, affordable housing and community development, hotel and hospitality, office, industrial, and retail projects.
Prior to joining the firm, Doug was chair of the Real Estate and Environmental Practice Group at Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault, LLP in Boston.
- Community and commercial bank as leveraged lenders in New Markets Tax Credit transactions
- New Bedford nonprofit as borrower in all aspects of New Markets Tax Credit transaction
- Independent power producer in all real estate matters in connection with development of two new gas-fired generating plants in Massachusetts with combined capacity in excess of 2100 megawatts
- Private real estate development company in connection with acquisition, redevelopment, leasing and financing of large scale industrial complexes
- International pharmaceutical company in connection with disposition of excess manufacturing facilities in the Northeast
- Biotechnology company in connection with development of a manufacturing facility in Massachusetts, including the negotiating of first targeted state loan in connection with a program to retain biotech manufacturing jobs in Massachusetts
- Numerous start-up and mature biotech companies with a focus on leasing of R&D and manufacturing facilities
- Numerous start-up and mature software companies, medical device companies, and specialized equipment manufacturing companies with a focus on office and R&D leasing, acquisition of buildings, and campus developments
- Numerous software, medical device, and specialized equipment manufacturing companies in connection with real estate components of merger and acquisition transactions
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- “Financing Community Health Centers Requires Team Of Experts,” Banker & Tradesman, March 2012
- “From Offer to Closing: A Primer for New and Developing Residential and Commercial Real Estate Attorneys,” Boston Bar Association, February 2012
- “Finding Financing In New Markets Tax Credits,” Banker & Tradesman, with Bethany A. Bartlett, March 2010
- “Purchase and Sale Agreements,” Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education: Commercial Real Estate Basics, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 2004-2007
- “Assignments and Subletting,” speaker, Seminar on Negotiating Leases, Continuing Legal Education International, May 2006
- “Leasing in a Down Economy,” program chair and contributor, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, May 2002
- “Real Estate Leasing, A Risky Business,” program chair, Boston Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, Fall 2000
Related Blog Posts
- The Lawyer’s Clearinghouse on Affordable Housing and Homelessness, Inc.
- Former President
- Co-chair for 2018 Annual Meeting
- Bowdoin College Alumni Council
- Former member
- Margaret Chase Smith Foundation
- Vincent and Barbara Welch Supporting Foundation of the Maine Community Foundation
- Society of the Cincinnati in the State of Connecticut
- Hereditary Member