Matthew S. Cote is an associate in the firm’s Real Estate Department. Matt represents owners, developers, lenders, investors, and businesses in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, financing and development. He also represents landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating commercial leases for office, retail, mixed-use and laboratory/bio tech space.
In 2018, Matt was selected to join the Leadership Institute of NAIOP Massachusetts, an educational and experiential training with unique opportunities to network with industry and business leaders to improve individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt was an associate at a Boston area law firm, where he gained considerable experience in acquisitions, conveyancing, commercial leasing, corporate formation, and obtaining zoning relief from municipal town boards. He served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Harry M. Grossman of the Massachusetts Land Court in Boston.
- Landlords and tenants in leases for office, retail, and laboratory space in downtown office buildings, suburban office buildings and office parks, shopping centers, mixed-use developments, retail complexes, warehouse and industrial buildings
- Lenders and developers in connection with the construction and permanent financing of solar facilities
- Developers in the acquisition, leasing and financing associated with large scale development projects in downtown Boston and Greater Boston suburbs
- Lenders and borrowers in financings of commercial real estate
- Due diligence, title, and survey review in connection with both large scale acquisitions and with the development of multi-site solar projects
- Boston Bar Association
- NAIOP Massachusetts
- Leadership Institute, Class of 2018