Tyler N. Ballew
Tyler N. Ballew is a business lawyer who concentrates his practice in the renewable energy, technology, and life sciences industries.
Tyler assists clients in the full range of business law matters, including entity formations, financing, fundraising, mergers, asset sales and purchases, construction, real estate, risk management, commercial operations, and corporate governance.
Tyler has represented project developers, lenders, offtakers, and equipment manufacturers in wind and solar deployments of all sizes across the U.S. He has successfully counseled developers on responding to utility solicitations for renewable power and applying for state and federal tax incentives for renewable energy and advanced manufacturing.
Prior to joining Sherin and Lodgen, Tyler was an energy and corporate attorney for a mid-sized Boston law firm. He also served as associate counsel for Ogin, Inc, a venture-backed wind turbine manufacturer and project developer. While at Ogin, he was responsible for oversight of all domestic and international commercial operations, advising on manufacturing, logistics, construction, real estate, compliance, tax, employment, and finance matters.
- Startup companies in various debt and equity fundraising transactions
- Life sciences and energy companies in various mergers, stock sales, and asset purchases
- Boston area university in negotiating engineering and constructions agreements for a 40 MW combined heat and power plant
- Wind developers on numerous projects throughout the U.S. on permitting, leasing, turbine supply, power purchase, and O&M agreements
Related Blog Posts
- Maximizing the Solar ITC Phaseout: Lessons from Wind, July 8, 2019
- Energy-Related Tax Credits and Incentives – What’s Happening in Congress, May 30, 2019
- Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities approves long-term contracts for Vineyard Wind, April 18, 2019
- Five Takeaways from the EBC Sixth Annual Offshore Wind Conference, February 25, 2019