At Sherin, we are focused on thoughtfully growing our firm by doing what we do best – recruiting talented, experienced attorneys that support the firm’s commercial real estate, litigation, business law, and employment practices. Learn more about current lateral opportunities at Sherin and Lodgen.
Here’s why lateral partners choose to thrive at S&L.
A Platform to Grow
Sherin and Lodgen prides itself on being a place to succeed. We provide attorneys with:
- An open-door culture. We consciously foster a collegial working environment where attorneys get to know each other and their practices well and learn from others’ experiences. Our attorneys are fully committed to helping each other prosper.
- A lack of red tape. Our management structure provides attorneys with a high level of flexibility that allows partners control over their own practices.
- A rate structure that allows partners to grow their practice. Because of our size and overhead structure, we are able to set rates that provide value to our clients and allow our attorneys to grow and retain clients.
- A seat at the table. From the moment laterals join, they are given the opportunity to engage in firm meetings, committees, and initiatives – including our mentoring committee, women’s initiative, and hiring committee – as well as providing input to continually advance the firm’s strategic goals.
- A balanced approach to work. Our firm is committed to maintaining a culture that allows attorneys to integrate their work with their life outside of work.
- Partner level attention with associate resources. We are a working partnership, with partners taking an active role in client work – while utilizing our experienced associates and paralegals to provide clients an appropriate and efficient legal team. This structured support allows our partners time to focus on expanding their clients/practices.
- Client development and marketing support. Attorneys at all levels are encouraged to actively market and are given the support they need to accomplish their business development goals. Our structure allows us the flexibility to support partner marketing initiatives.
- Opportunity for advancement. We hire lateral attorneys with an active desire for them to soon and predictably join the equity partnership.
Join a Team That Clients Praise
We frequently conduct interviews with clients to assess how we are doing. Our clients note:
- “The other firms [we work with] have some great people in certain areas, but overall I would not hold them as high as Sherin and Lodgen. If I were listing seven peer firms, Sherin and Lodgen would be number one.”
- “A distinguishing quality of the firm is the personality of the people. They are very engaging personalities. This helps to build stronger relationships and creates a deeper trust.”
- “They are the best attorneys I’ve ever worked with in terms of managing the deal and understanding me and what I care about.”
Where Our Attorneys Practiced
Many of our attorneys have practiced at larger firms before joining Sherin and Lodgen. This adds a level of experience in complex matters that is unmatched among Boston firms of our size.
- Choate, Hall & Stewart
- Locke Lord
- McDermott, Will & Emery
- Mintz Levin
- Morgan Lewis
- Nutter McClennen & Fish
- Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster
- Robinson + Cole
- Ropes & Gray
- Seyfarth Shaw