Laura Kaplan represents owners, investors, lenders, and developers in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions.
A partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department, her experience includes advising clients on acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing, and development of office, industrial, retail, and mixed-use properties.
Prior to joining the firm, she was a real estate attorney at an AmLaw 100 firm in Boston. Previously, she served as Senior Counsel at Greystone & Co., Inc., where she provided real estate asset management services to public agencies in all aspects of the sale and long-term lease of surplus real property, including procurement law, compliance and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, leases, and conveyancing documents.
Laura is a member of the Wayland Municipal Affordable Housing Trust Fund Board.
After law school, she served as law clerk to the Honorable Gordon H. Piper of the Massachusetts Land Court.
- Healthcare providers and senior living facility owners with respect to a range of finance and development transactions.
- State transportation agencies with the structuring and procurement of real property dispositions and leases to increase non-fare revenue while promoting housing development in proximity to transit stations.
- Landlords and tenants with respect to the leasing of space in office buildings, shopping centers, mixed-use developments, industrial/warehouse facilities and single-tenant properties.
- Real estate investment trust in industrial property acquisitions.
- Listed in “The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch”
- Boston Bar Association
- Commonwealth Land Trust, Inc,
- Board Member
- NAIOP Massachusetts
- Wayland Municipal Affordable Housing Trust
- Fund Board