Christopher R. Blazejewski is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department. He focuses his practice on business disputes, legal malpractice, and complex commercial litigation. Licensed in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Chris shares his time at both the Boston and Providence offices. He has been named a SuperLawyers Rising Star.
Chris assists national, regional, and local businesses and organizations in solving problems and getting results through innovative and effective legal advice, strategy, and advocacy. His clients are diverse and broad-based: manufacturers, distributors, real estate developers, labor unions, energy companies, shareholders, professional firms, non-profit organizations, renewable energy and solar technology developers, life science and technology companies, and retail shopping centers and businesses. He helps his clients in achieving their business objectives while protecting their legal rights.
Chris is the lawyer that other lawyers go to for legal advice. He assists large and mid-sized law firms and sole attorneys in client disputes, fee disputes, risk management, and professional ethics. Lawyers go to Chris for counseling on their own professional rights and obligations and for advice on resolving disputes.
Chris represents clients in Rhode Island and Massachusetts state and federal courts as well as in alternative dispute resolution, including pre-litigation negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. His practices areas include contract disputes, contract negotiation, business formation, employment and labor agreements, real estate and construction disputes, commercial lease disputes, legal malpractice, and business and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris worked in the Litigation Department of Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP in Boston. Previously, he served as a Judicial Clerk for the Rhode Island Supreme Court Clerk's Office and as a Teaching Fellow in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Harvard College.
Chris currently serves in the Rhode Island House of Representatives, representing Providence.
- “PR crisis management,” Providence Business News, April 6, 2015
- "Prosecutor's admission in Ferguson case troubling in many ways" Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, January 5, 2015
- "For law firms, rogue attorneys present risk" Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, October 20, 2014
- "Making R.I. Fertile for Social Ventures," Providence Business News, May 21, 2012
- "Make Sure You 'Net' Right Commerical Lease," Providence Business News, August, 13, 2012
- "Calling Up Dangers to Privilege," Corporate Counsel, with Edward S. Cheng, November 12, 2009