Corporate Real Estate
Sherin and Lodgen attorneys have extensive experience in counseling corporate real estate departments and their outside advisors. We understand the processes, the constraints and the goals which drive corporate real estate departments in the management of their assets.
Leading companies seek our help with a full range of complex and sophisticated real estate related issues and transactions including strategic acquisitions or leasing, disposition programs, financing, sale-leasebacks, construction and operational issues.
- Acquisitions: Our corporate real estate attorneys have considerable experience in site acquisitions. This includes the due diligence reviews necessary to assist the client to evaluate risk and price appropriately, and to avoid unpleasant surprises post-closing.
- Dispositions: The need for a smaller, more efficient real estate footprint has led many companies to embark on negotiated lease terminations or sales of their assets. We have assisted many leading companies in such disposition programs throughout North America. We have often worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team to facilitate and expedite the disposition process while achieving the best result for the client.
- Financing: Our experience includes financing the acquisition and development of all types of real estate, including office buildings, office parks, shopping centers, apartment complexes, industrial warehouses, residential subdivisions, residential condominium projects, mixed-use developments, and affordable housing projects qualified for investment tax credits
- Sale-Leasebacks: There are many situations in which a sale-leaseback structure represents the best way for a corporate real estate owner to unlock the value of selected real estate assets. Our attorneys have participated in these transactions on a national basis. We have a thorough familiarity with the complex accounting and tax issues common to such transactions.
- Construction: We have the right experience with complex construction to anticipate problems that may delay completion of a project. Should the need arise, our construction litigators can protect our clients’ interests during and after construction.
- Operational Issues: Operating facilities inevitably raise complex issues of legal compliance, licensing, and environmental compliance. Our attorneys are experienced in dealing with the variety of issues arising from the operation of a facility.