In these uncertain, fast-moving times, Sherin and Lodgen is a steady, trusted source of advice and counsel for the finance industry. Our firm represents commercial and community banks, life insurance companies, credit unions and quasi-government agencies. Our expertise includes real estate and commercial lending, business law, employment, and litigation.
Our finance industry team is able to assist clients in a wide range of matters including:
- Commercial and real estate lending: We have closed loans made to a wide spectrum of industries, ranging from a million dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars. We have particular expertise in New Markets Tax Credits and solar lending.
- Credit unions: Our attorneys have specialized experience in the federal and state regulation of credit unions. We have assisted more than 125 credit union clients nationwide in matters including internal governance, sale-leasebacks of owned offices, CUSO-based ancillary business lines, executive compensation, mergers and regulatory affairs.
- Employment: Sherin and Lodgen’s transactional and litigation employment attorneys are able to assist those in the finance industry with a variety of employment-related matters.
- Litigation: When disputes arise, our litigation team assists financial services clients resolve business disputes and complex contract claims before state and federal courts, juries and judges, arbitration panels and state and federal administrative agencies, and United States Courts of Appeals, state appellate courts and administrative appeals boards.
Our finance industry team represents:
- Commercial and community banks
- Credit unions
- Financial institutions
- Government and quasi-governmental agencies
- Life insurance companies
- Mezzanine lenders
- 1st Source Bank
- BlueHub Capital
- Brookline Bank
- Boston Private Bank & Trust Company
- Cambridge Savings Bank
- Cambridge Trust Company
- Citizens Bank
- Eastern Bank