Steven D. Eimert
Steven D. Eimert is Of Counsel in the firm's Business Law Department, having formerly been a partner for more than twenty years.
His practice focuses on the organization, financing and on-going representation of private companies in a variety of industries, including all variations of commercial real estate private capital-raising, such as joint ventures and private syndications for hospitality, office, retail and mixed-use developments.
Steve has special expertise in the federal and state regulation of credit unions, a specialized form of insured depository financial institution, for which he provides executive compensation-related services on a national basis. Steve is experienced in the full range of legal services required by closely-held businesses, including organization, capital-raising, governance, executive compensation, joint ventures and other forms of strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions and planning for intergenerational ownership and management transitions.
He has represented issuers in raising over $1 billion in equity capital over the course of his career. Steve serves as trustee of several private family trusts and is a member of the board of directors and secretary of Expal USA, Inc., the US defense subsidiary of the Maxam group of military and civilian companies based in Madrid. He has, for more than a decade, been recognized by Boston Magazine as a “Super Lawyer,” reflecting his peer-rating as being among the top 5% of all business/corporate lawyers in both Massachusetts and New England.
Steve is a co-founder, principal, Executive Vice President, and General Counsel of CU Real Estate Solutions, LLC, a Boston-based company that arranges and invests in sale-leasebacks exclusively for credit unions on a nationwide basis.
- Business clients, including manufacturing, energy, timberland investment and management, real estate, and technology
- Numerous credit unions in an array of matters, including internal governance, specialized finance/capital-raising, CUSO-based ancillary business lines and regulatory affairs
- Advises clients on executive compensation strategies (including insurance-funded SERPS), shareholder disputes and workplace issues, and the creation and operation of nonprofit foundations
- Included in Massachusetts Super Lawyers
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- “Sharing the Benefits of Credit Union Sale-Leasebacks,” co-author, Credit Union Times, January 17, 2023
- “Split-dollar executive compensation plans: Doing it right,” author, BenefitsPRO, June 9, 2021
- “The Earnings Squeeze: Can Overlooked Real Estate Assets Balance ROA, Capital & Deposits?” co-author, Credit Union Times, April 19, 2021
- “It’s Time for the NCUA to Update its Sale-Leaseback Guidance,” author, Credit Union Times, April 7, 2021
- “Optimizing Your Credit Union Branch Network,” co-author, Credit Union Times, March 15, 2021
- “And When It’s Over – A Strategy to Boost Credit Union Earnings and Capital,” co-author, Cooperative Credit Union Association’s (CCUA) Member News , April 6, 2020
Related Blog Posts
- Serves as a trustee of certain charitable foundations