Sherin and Lodgen is committed to the advancement and success of our women attorneys and professionals. The mission of our Women’s Initiative is to provide an internal network of support that fosters growth and achievement while connecting and learning with outside organizations that directly support women and women’s causes.
Women of Sherin and Lodgen serve on the firm’s management committee, as department chairs, and lead various firm committees. Nancy S. Shilepsky, partner in the firm’s Employment Department, serves as chair of the Women’s Initiative and Beth A. Goldstein serves as vice-chair.
Doing Good Together
Our attorneys are active members of the community and are encouraged to volunteer and engage with civic and community organizations. We believe this to be a key component of our women attorneys’ personal and professional development.
Our Women’s Initiative is proud to partner with community organizations throughout the Boston area. In 2019, we hosted award-winning sommelier and restaurant owner, Haley Fortier, for an evening of “Doing Good Together” to benefit the CommonWealth Kitchen, a Dorchester-based non-profit kitchen incubating more than 50 community-based businesses.
From left, Beth Goldstein, Haley Fortier, Jen Faigel (Executive Director of CommonWealth Kitchen), and Nancy Shilepsky enjoy one of Haley’s hand-selected natural red wines.
Mentoring and Leadership Development
Throughout the year, women attorneys and professional comes together to develop, network, and connect through training programs, roundtable discussions, and one-on-one mentoring.
Past programs have included discussions and training on:
- Personal branding
- Career management
- Time management
- Mindfulness and meditation
Leaders in the Field
Sherin and Lodgen is proud to have so many of our women attorneys and professionals recognized for their accomplishments in the legal profession and for their contributions to their communities.
- Carla M. Moynihan, Sara Jane Shanahan, and Nancy S. Shilepsky have all been named “Top Women of Law” by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and Beth A. Goldstein has been named an “Up and Coming” Lawyer.
- Carla M. Moynihan (Real Estate) and Nancy S. Shilepsky (Employment) and have been ranked in Chambers & Partners.
- Paula G. Curry (Real Estate), Carla M. Moynihan (Real Estate), Nancy S. Shilepsky (Employment), and Sara Jane Shanahan (Insurance) have been listed for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. In 2020, Jennifer L. Ioli was recognized in Best Lawyers’ inaugural “Ones to Watch” category.
- Carla M. Moynihan, Sara Jane Shanahan, and Nancy S. Shilepsky have been ranked as “Massachusetts Super Lawyers” and Beth A. Goldstein and Jennifer L. Ioli have been listed as “Massachusetts Rising Stars.” In addition, Sara and Nancy have been both been named to “Top 50 Women in Massachusetts.”
- In 2020, Beth A. Goldstein was named to the New England Real Estate Journal’s (NEREJ) 2020 Women in Real Estate Spotlight.
- In 2017, Beth A. Goldstein graduated with the inaugural class of the NAIOP Massachusetts Leadership Institute, an eight-month program designed to develop the practical knowledge and leadership skills of commercial real estate professionals.