There are two compelling reasons why leading real estate developers throughout New England and beyond seek Sherin and Lodgen’s counsel:
- We have significant, first-hand knowledge of the complex legal issues affecting real estate development. These include permitting, construction, financing, leasing and environmental.
- We’re skilled in each of these areas. Sherin and Lodgen has a large and highly regarded real estate department, able to match the right lawyer or combination of lawyers with each assignment.
Our goal for every development project in which we’re involved is to efficiently and effectively meet the client’s needs. We’re able to ensure that all the various components of a real estate development project are achieved in an efficient, time-sensitive and cost-effective manner. This is true regardless of the assignment, whether it is a small residential development, a complicated mixed-use project, a multi-tenant retail development, or a large power plant.
Sherin and Lodgen has the right lawyers with the right skills for the most complicated real estate development projects, including:
- Land acquisition and site assembly
- Permitting before local, state and federal authorities
- Negotiation of contracts with contractors, architects and other design professionals
- Debt and equity financings for both construction and permanent financing
- Disposition of assets