We’re known as lawyers’ lawyers, the kind of lawyers who other lawyers hire.
Sherin and Lodgen has earned a stellar reputation over the past quarter century in representing numerous professionals, in addition to lawyers, against malpractice claims. In fact, several types of professionals regard Sherin and Lodgen as a go-to firm for malpractice claims, including:
- Law firms and lawyers
- Architects and Engineers
- Environmental Professionals
Our professional liability group is ranked by U.S. News and World Reports “Best Law Firms” for Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law and Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants.
Our professional liability group capabilities include:
- Legal Malpractice: Sherin and Lodgen’s Professional Malpractice Group has represented lawyers for over 30 years, being the choice of over a hundred law firms of all sizes, ranging from large national, regional and local firms to small firms and solo practitioners.
- Bar discipline: For attorneys facing disciplinary actions before the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers (BBO), it is critical that they have experienced counsel. Sherin and Lodgen’s clients depend on our attorneys’ experience as advocates before the BBO. This includes advising on the initial letter-writing stage, informal discussions with Bar Counsel, hearings before the BBO, and hearing before the single justice and the full bench of the Supreme Judicial Court.
- Architects and Engineers: Sherin and Lodgen regularly represents design professionals in malpractice actions, including architects and engineers. Our extensive construction expertise–including an attorney trained in architecture–sets us apart. We quickly grasp design and construction problems and formulate successful defense strategies.
- Accountant Malpractice: From the Big Four to local practitioners, accountants rely on Sherin and Lodgen for malpractice representation. The firm has litigated malpractice actions relating to tax and other advice, as well as cases concerning a variety of other accounting-related services and conduct.
- Environmental Professionals: We frequently represent Licensed Site Professionals (LSPs) and other professionals in the often sensitive environmental field.