Christopher R. Blazejewski represents businesses and individuals in complex commercial litigation, legal malpractice defense, and business disputes.
As a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, he focuses his practice on business disputes, legal malpractice defense, and complex commercial litigation. Licensed in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Chris shares his time at both the Boston and Providence offices.
Chris assists national, regional, and local businesses and organizations in solving problems and getting results through innovative and effective legal advice, strategy, and advocacy. His clients are diverse and broad-based: life science and technology companies, law firms, accounting firms, manufacturers, distributors, non-profit organizations, renewable energy and solar technology developers, and retail shopping centers and businesses. He helps his clients in achieving their business objectives while protecting their legal rights.
A lawyer that other lawyers go to for legal advice, Chris assists large and mid-sized law firms and sole attorneys in client disputes, fee disputes, risk management, and professional ethics. Lawyers go to Chris for counseling on their own professional rights and obligations and for advice on resolving disputes.
Chris represents clients in Rhode Island and Massachusetts state and federal courts as well as in alternative dispute resolution, including pre-litigation negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. Prior to joining the firm, Chris worked in the Litigation Department of Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP in Boston.
Chris currently serves in the Rhode Island House of Representatives, representing Providence.
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- “Conflicts of Interest in Complex Commercial Litigation,” speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, May 14, 2019
- “Bankruptcy Ruling Reminds Corp. Counsel to Mind Rule 1.13,” Law360, February 2019
- “The attorney-client relationship 101,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, December 31, 2018
- “How To Withdraw From Representation Ethically In Mass,” Law360, May 7, 2018
- “Who Can You Talk to Confidentially About a Client Dispute?” Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly, January 22, 2018
- “Four Factors for lawyers seeking the right mediator,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, January 15, 2018
- “Corporate Counsel and Duties Beyond the Client“, Law360, January 3, 2018
- “Duties to Non-Client Third Parties,” speaker, Boston Bar Association, October 2017
- “The Future of Providence & Rhode Island,” speaker, Bisnow, October 17, 2017
- “The Law of Lis Pendens in Massachusetts and Rhode Island,” Law360, August 8, 2017
- “Look Before You Leap,” Providence Business News, August 7, 2017
- “2017 Legislative Wrap Up,” panelist, Common Cause Rhode Island, July 28, 2017
- “Social media and the workplace: takeaways from ‘Beagan,’” Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly, July 17, 2017
- “50-State Survey of Accounting and Auditing Liability Issues,” author, Rhode Island Chapter, American Bar Association, 2017
- “Ethics from the Trenches for Law Firms,” speaker, MCLE New England, February 2017
- “Legal-mal decision offers guidance to trusts and estate bar,” Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly, February 2016
- “6 Steps to Becoming A Superior Supervising Attorney,” Law360.com, January 2016
- “Protecting Confidential Client Information in the Digital Age,” Legal Management, October 2015
- “Caveat venditor: pitfalls await lawyers selling unbundled services,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, with Debra Squires-Lee, August 2015
- “3 Ethical Traps For ‘Gladiator’ Litigators,” Law360.com, August 2015
- “3 Policies to Protect Confidential Information in the Digital Age,” Law Technology Today, June 2015
- “PR crisis management,” Providence Business News, April 2015
- “Prosecutor’s admission in Ferguson case troubling in many ways,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, January 2015
- “For law firms, rogue attorneys present risk” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, October 2014
- “Making R.I. Fertile for Social Ventures,” Providence Business News, May 2012
- “Make Sure You ‘Net’ Right Commercial Lease,” Providence Business News, August 2012
- “Calling Up Dangers to Privilege,” Corporate Counsel, with Edward S. Cheng, November 2009
Related Blog Posts
- Bankruptcy Court Weighs in on Conflicts of Interest in Business Transactions, January 25, 2019
- How to Withdraw from Representation Ethically in Mass, May 16, 2018
- Who Can You Talk to Confidentially About a Client Dispute?, March 8, 2018
- Corporate Counsel And Duties Beyond The Client published on Law360.com, February 15, 2018
- Look Before You Leap, August 7, 2017
- Massachusetts and Rhode Island Courts Agree – and Disagree – on the Rights of Medical Marijuana Patients in the Employment Context, August 2, 2017
- The Law of Lis Pendens in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, July 26, 2017
Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 2 (Providence)