Beth A. Goldstein
Partner, Renewable Energy Chair
Beth A. Goldstein is a seasoned real estate attorney with experience representing buyers, sellers, developers and lenders in the sale, acquisition, financing, development and leasing of commercial real estate throughout the country.
As a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department and chair of its Renewable Energy Practice Group, many of Goldstein’s clients are engaged in complex renewable energy transactions including construction and permanent financing of clean energy facilities, permitting, development, and leasing for solar and battery energy storage projects, energy regulatory issues, and transactions involving the purchase and sale of renewable energy projects. Her leasing practice includes landlord and tenant representation in the leasing of renewable energy, industrial, retail, restaurant, and office space.
Beth was named by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as an “Up and Coming Lawyer” in 2018. This annual award recognizes rising stars in the legal community who have practiced for 10 years or less, but who have already distinguished themselves in their firm and practice. She was also listed as a “Rising Star” by Massachusetts Super Lawyers in 2019. In 2017, Beth graduated with the inaugural class of the NAIOP Massachusetts Leadership Institute, an 8-month program designed to develop the practical knowledge and leadership skills of commercial real estate professionals.
Active in the legal community, Beth is the former co-chair of the Leasing Committee for the Boston Bar Association and is a volunteer with Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), a national organization that partners lawyers with children in need of representation in immigration court.
- Commercial banks in connection with the construction and permanent financing of solar facilities
- The Trustees of Reservations in the purchase of conservation land. The purchase will allow the Trustees to more than double the existing 32-acre Pegan Hill Reservation
- Public agency in the negotiation and closing of a 99-year Ground Lease to a national developer for the construction of a $225 million mixed-use project in Downtown Boston. The project included debt and equity from a number of private and governmental sources
- Boston-based public e-commerce company in the nationwide expansion of its office, industrial, and retail real estate portfolio
- Commercial and community lenders in connection with development and financing, including historic, new market, and low incoming housing tax credit transactions
- National REIT in the acquisition of industrial and warehouse properties, including large, multiple location transactions
- Listed as a “Rising Star“ by Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Listed as one of 2020’s “Top Women in Real Estate” by the New England Real Estate Journal
- “Up and Coming Lawyer” by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2018
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- “Banking on Solar: Tax Equity and Financing Masterclass,” speaker, Massachusetts Bankers Association, Sunwealth, March 23, 2021
- “Lease Drafting in Massachusetts,” co-author, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 4th Edition 2017, with 2020 Supplement
- “Commercial Real Estate Practice in Massachusetts, 1st Edition,” co-author, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), 2020
- “Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target (SMART) emergency regulations update,” co-author, Solar Power World, May 27, 2020
- “CLE: Practicing with Professionalism,” moderator, Boston Bar Association, April 5, 2019
Related Blog Posts
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- Volunteer Lawyer