Will is an associate in the firm's Litigation Department, representing clients in all phases of litigation in state and federal court. His focus is on employment litigation, legal malpractice defense, and complex commercial litigation.
In his employment practice, Will defends employers against discrimination, wage-and-hour, and retaliation claims under state and federal law. He also has extensive experience litigating non-compete and trade secret issues. In addition to litigation, he has handled numerous matters for employers before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD). He counsels clients about issues pertaining to employee handbooks; hiring and termination; leave policies; non-compete, confidentiality, and other employment contracts; and severance agreements.
Will also represents attorneys and law firms in professional liability disputes. He often resolves legal malpractice claims short of trial through Rule 12 motions, summary judgment, or settlement. His trial work includes a four-week jury trial in which Sherin and Lodgen obtained a defense verdict on all counts for an Am Law 100 law firm.
Prior to joining Sherin and Lodgen, Will was an associate at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP. During law school, he was staff editor of the Washington University Law Review. Will has run two marathons and rowed heavyweight crew at Cornell University.
- Defended national self-storage company against multi-employee claims for state and federal wage-and-hour violations, gender discrimination, and disability discrimination
- Defended software company and key employee against non-compete and trade secret claims by former employer
- Defended state agency against disability discrimination, retaliation, and failure-to-accommodate claims
- Obtained injunctive relief for medical software company against former employee who stole trade secrets and confidential business information
- Obtained summary judgment for Am Law 100 law firm on legal malpractice claim and defended judgment on appeal
- Brought claims on behalf of litigation technology vendor against former employee who breached non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements
- Obtained Rule 12(c) dismissal of legal malpractice claim for major Boston law firm
- Represented employers in numerous race, gender, and disability discrimination matters before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- "The Ins and Outs of Mediating an Employment Case," moderator, Boston Bar Association, February 2015
- "For law firms, rogue attorneys present risk" Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, October 20, 2014
- “Jumpstarting Your Mediation Practice,” moderator, Boston Bar Association, May 2013
- "New Hires: Getting it Right from the Start, " speaker, National Business Institute seminar, May 2012
- "If You're Prepared to Be Sued, You're Less Likely to be Sued," speaker, National Business Institute, May 2012
- NH Begins To Articulate the Scope of "In-House Privilege", February 12, 2015.
- Lawyers Advise; Clients Decide, September 20, 2012.
- 9 Steps for Creating Employee Handbooks, June 13, 2012.