At Sherin, we are committed to the growth and success of our associates and provide various mentoring, professional development, and marketing programs. Learn more about current associate opportunities at Sherin and Lodgen.
Associates benefit from:
- Exposure to substantive matters. Because of our firm size and structure, associates are able to work directly with partners and clients on complex matters.
- Mentorship opportunities. From day one, associates are assigned a mentor to help them navigate and succeed at the firm. Mentors are periodically rotated to give associates access to partners across departments and practices. They are encouraged to seek out informal mentors as well.
- Professional development and training. The firm conducts in-house training and provides associates with access to training resources, webinars and CLEs.
- A balanced approach to work. Our firm is committed to maintaining a culture that allows attorneys to integrate their work with their life outside of the office.
- Marketing and business development support. We believe associates benefit from starting their marketing efforts early in their career. Associates enjoy quarterly roundtables to discuss their business plans and share ideas for accomplishing their goals. We support associate attendance at industry and bar association events and conferences.
The firm offers a compensation package for associates competitive with mid-size Boston firms and a generous benefits package competitive with most law firms in the city. We offer comprehensive family medical and dental insurance, life insurance, disability, and long-term care insurance plans as well as a paid parental leave policy, a 401(k) plan, an employee assistance plan, health club membership contributions and recruitment reward programs.
As an associate at Sherin and Lodgen, I have the opportunity to work on a wide range of real estate matters with direct client contact throughout each transaction. Client matters are staffed leanly, with associates working closely with the most experienced partners on all transactions. Associates are encouraged to seek out trainings, networking opportunities, and community involvement. The firm provides a formal mentorship program for associates, though it is common for several partners to act as informal mentors. Sherin is a place where attorneys partner to complete sophisticated work while maintaining a level of respect and congeniality that is rarely seen in other firms.
After being with the firm for my final co-op through Northeastern University School of Law, I was delighted to start my legal career at Sherin and Lodgen. One of my favorite things about the firm is the chance to collaborate with the most experienced attorneys, who are thoughtful about giving associates direct client contact and opportunities to learn and grow independently. Recently, I was given the chance to go on secondment to a large institutional client in its corporate offices, a unique opportunity for an associate to practice independently and further develop client relationships. S&L fosters a rewarding and positive work environment and I’m grateful for all of the opportunities for sophisticated legal work, mentorship, and social events with others in the firm
– Jennifer L. Ioli, Real Estate Associate