- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Litigation
- Solar Energy
- Commercial Finance
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Corporate Real Estate
- Land Use Permit Advocacy
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- Environmental Law
- Business Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Product Liability
- Professional Fiduciary, Estate, and Probate Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Employment Law
- Construction Law
- Corporate/General Business
- Financial Recovery Group
Sherin and Lodgen LLP’s Hospitality Practice Group provides its clients with decades of industry knowledge and unparalleled experience in the hospitality industry. Our team is responsive, thorough and practical, and up to date on evolving industry norms and customs. We are dedicated to efficiently representing leading developers, owners, operators, franchisees, high net worth and institutional investors and lenders involved with hotels, resorts, restaurants and leisure assets across North America.
Sherin and Lodgen LLP’s Hospitality Practice Group is an interdisciplinary team, that enlists lawyers from other firm practice groups when appropriate. Through a single point of contact, our clients have the benefit of highly respected attorneys in the areas of real estate, finance, corporate, employment, franchise, permits and licensing, environmental, litigation, tax and construction.
Our experience includes: high-rise urban hotels, condominium hotels, large restaurants, night clubs, golf courses, mixed use development (including casinos), branded and unbranded hotels, complex ground-up entitlement projects, institutional joint ventures, private placements, long-term management agreements, development agreements, leasing, construction agreements, construction litigation, franchise agreements, franchise litigation, single-asset and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, due diligence, financings, loan work-outs, environmental litigation, permitting, acquisition of debt positions, public subsidies, and other emerging financing vehicles.
Our attorneys are frequent speakers and attendees at hospitality industry events including the HELP Conference and Lodging Conference. Additionally, Joshua M. Bowman, is a member of the New England Real Estate Journal’s Hotel Industry Advisory Board and is published on issues specific to the hospitality industry.
- Cliff House, York, Maine – Represented purchaser in acquisition, joint venture and redevelopment of resort property.
- Copley Square Hotel, Boston, MA – Represented owner/operator in sale of asset.
- Courtyard by Marriott, Hyannis, MA – Represented owner/operator in refinance of asset.
- Courtyard by Marriott, Manchester, NH – Represented owner/operator/developer in sale of asset.
- Courtyard by Marriott, Portland, ME – Represented developer of asset with joint venture issues.
- Courtyard by Marriott, South Boston, MA – Represented ground tenant/operator/developer in permitting, development, construction and joint venture.
- Courtyard by Marriott, Waltham, MA – Represented owner/operator with financings and expansion.
- Crowne Plaza, Woburn, MA – Represented owner/operator in various debt and equity financings, construction and brand conversion.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott, JFK Airport, NY – Represented owner/operator in acquisition and debt and equity financing of asset and in structuring 1031.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Manchester, NH – Represented owner/operator/developer in sale of asset.
- Hampton Inn, Mt. Holly, NJ – Represented owner/operator in loan workout.
- Harbor Hotel, Provincetown, MA – Represented owner/operator/developer in acquisition, financing and construction.
- Hilton Garden Inn, Pittsfield, MA (Under construction) – Represented owner with development-related litigation.
- Hilton Garden Inn, Warwick, RI – Represented owner/operator in refinance.
- Holiday Inn (31st Street), Manhattan, NY – Represented owner in development and sale of asset.
- Holiday Inn Express, South Boston, MA – Represented ground tenant/operator/developer in multiple debt and equity financings and in a joint venture and in an expansion.
- Kelley House, Edgartown, MA – Represented purchaser in acquisition of asset.
- Marriott, Quincy, MA – Represented owner/operator in sale of asset.
- Providence Biltmore Hotel, Providence, RI – Represented owner/operator in initial acquisition and debt and equity financing; and then with equity joint venture and debt restructuring.
- Residence Inn by Marriott (Fenway), Boston, MA – Represented owner/operator in development, construction and debt and equity financing and leasing issues.
- Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center, Westford, MA – Represented owner/operator in sale of asset.
- King’s/Summer Shack, Boston, MA
- The Lenox Hotel including: City Table, Azure, City Bar, Sola’s, Boston, MA
- Margarita’s, Revere, MA
- Millers Ale House, Watertown, MA
- Naked Fish,Waltham, MA
- Papa Razzi, Snappy Sushi and other Newbury Line Restaurants, MA
- Storyville at the Copley Square Hotel, Boston, MA
- Several national chains including Applebee’s, Bertucci’s, Burger King, Boston Market, Chipotle, Chili’s, D’Angelo’s, , Friendly’s, Longhorn Steakhouse, McDonald’s, Papa Gino’s, Qdoba, Quiznos, Olive Garden, Starbucks, Subway; represented numerous landlords in all New England States and Eastern seaboard including Florida
- Vinny Testa’s, Boston, MA
- Big Night Entertainment Group, including Empire in Boston, Red Lantern in Boston, Shrine at Foxwoods MGM, High Rollers at Foxwoods, Scorpion Bar at Foxwoods, Tosca in Hingham, Stars in Hingham, The Estate in Boston, MA
- Alden and Harlow, Cambridge, MA
- The Biltmore, Newton, MA
- The Gallows, Boston, MA
- Local 149, Boston, MA
- Locke-Ober, Boston, MA
- Pinkberry, New England locations
- Trade Restaurant, (Jody Adams, et al) Boston, MA
- Lydia Shire’s BIBA and Pignoli restaurants
Practice Area Chair: Joshua M. Bowman