Energy & Cleantech
Developers, lenders, and public agencies and municipalities look to Sherin and Lodgen’s Energy and Cleantech attorneys to navigate complexities in the energy and cleantech industry. We have a particular expertise in representing clients in the solar industry.
We represent these clients in a broad range of matters including:
- Assessment of carbon footprint for operations
- Due diligence
- Financing and financing alternatives (including Solar Tax Credits, New Market Tax Credits, Investment Tax Credits, and other tax incentives)
- Leasing (including ground and rooftop for solar arrays)
- License agreements
- Petroleum distribution agreements
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Supply contracts
- Lender in bridge, construction to term, and permanent financing of both operating and to be constructed Solar PV Installations.
- Wholesale petroleum distribution company in the negotiation of petroleum supply agreements and litigation related to those agreements in the context of the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (PMPA). ( OneEnergy)
- The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company in connection with hydrogen fueling facility leases for locations in Massachusetts and New Jersey.
- Large petroleum distribution company in connection with environmental issues arising from acquisition of a portfolio of 65 gasoline station properties
- Large regional electrical generating company in connection with acquisition, development and management of key locations for generation and transmission of power
- Electrical generators
- Independent power producers
- Petroleum supply and distribution companies
- Public agencies
- Solar energy lenders, investors and developers