Seventeen Sherin and Lodgen attorneys named to the 2020 Best Lawyers in America List
It was announced this week that 17 Sherin and Lodgen attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020. Published by Woodward/White, Inc., Best Lawyers is considered the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
The Sherin and Lodgen Best Lawyer honorees practice in key areas of law, including real estate, litigation, environmental, employment, ethics and professional responsibility, and legal malpractice. The following attorneys were named to the Best Lawyers list:
- Joshua M. Alper (Environmental Law, Real Estate Law)
- Edward M. Bloom (Real Estate Law)
- Joshua M. Bowman (Real Estate Law)
- Gary D. Buchman (Real Estate Law)
- Robert M. Carney (Real Estate Law)
- Paula G. Curry (Real Estate Law)
- Peter Friedenberg (Real Estate Law; Lawyer of the Year)
- Douglas M. Henry (Real Estate Law)
- John C. La Liberte (Commercial Litigation)
- Brian J. MacDonough (Employment Law, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Thomas F. Maffei (Arbitration, Business Organizations, Commercial Litigation, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants)
- Gary M. Markoff (Real Estate Law)
- Carla M. Moynihan (Real Estate Law)
- Sander A. Rikleen (Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Law)
- Ronald W. Ruth (Environmental Law, Real Estate Law)
- Sara Jane Shanahan (Litigation – Insurance; Lawyer of the Year)
- Nancy S. Shilepsky (Employment Law, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
In addition, Peter Friedenberg and Sara Shanahan were recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective practices. The Lawyer of the Year designation recognizes individual lawyers who have received the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized for each specialty and location.
Best Lawyers is based solely on an exhaustive peer-review survey, in which over 94,000 leading attorneys cast more than ten million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Best Lawyers highlights the top 5% of practicing attorneys in the United States, covering more than 145 different practice areas. Best Lawyers has been published since 1983 and selections will be featured in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©.