Sherin and Lodgen is committed to the advancement and success of our women attorneys and professionals. The mission of our Women’s Initiative is to provide an internal network of support that fosters growth and achievement while connecting and learning with outside organizations that directly support women and women’s causes.
Women of Sherin and Lodgen serve on the firm’s management committee, as department chairs, and lead various firm committees. Carla M. Moynihan, partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department, serves as Chair of the Women’s Initiative.
Doing Good Together
Our attorneys are active members of the community and are encouraged to volunteer and engage with civic and community organizations. We believe this to be a key component of our women attorneys’ personal and professional development.
Our Women’s Initiative is proud to partner with community organizations throughout the Boston area. In 2017, we hosted celebrated restaurateur Chef Jody Adams for an evening of “Doing Good Together” in support of the Greater Boston Food Bank.
Debra Squires-Lee (far left) and Carla Moynihan (far right), partners at the firm, pictured with chef Jody Adams (center left) and Melanie Gordon (center right) of the Greater Boston Food Bank.
Mentoring and Leadership Development
Throughout the year, women attorneys and professional comes together to develop, network, and connect through training programs, roundtable discussions, and one-on-one mentoring.
Past programs have included discussions and training on:
- Personal branding
- Career management
- Time management
- Mindfulness and meditation
Leaders in the Field
Sherin and Lodgen is proud to have so many of our women attorneys and professionals recognized for their accomplishments in the legal profession and for their contributions to their communities.
- Bethany A. Bartlett, Sara Jane Shanahan, Nancy S. Shilepsky, and Debra Squires-Lee have all been named “Top Women of Law” by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.
- Carla M. Moynihan (Real Estate) and Nancy S. Shilepsky (Employment) and have been ranked in Chambers & Partners.
- Carla M. Moynihan (Real Estate), Nancy S. Shilepsky (Employment) and Sara Jane Shanahan (Insurance) have been listed for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.
- Bethany A. Bartlett, Jessica G. Kelly, Carla M. Moynihan, Sara Jane Shanahan, Nancy S. Shilepsky, and Debra Squires-Lee have been ranked as “Massachusetts Super Lawyers” and Beth A. Goldstein and Jennifer L. Ioli have been listed as “Massachusetts Rising Stars.” In addition, Sara and Nancy have been both been named to “Top 50 Women in Massachusetts.”
- Bethany A. Bartlett is a member of The Abstract Club, an association of experienced real estate lawyers limited to only 100 members in Massachusetts.
- In 2015, Jessica G. Kelly was recognized as Political Asylum Immigration Representation Project (PAIR) Pro Bono Asylum attorney of the year.
- In 2017, Beth A. Goldstein graduated with the inaugural class of the NAIOP Massachusetts Leadership Institute, an eight month program designed to develop the practical knowledge and leadership skills of commercial real estate professional.