Twenty-four Sherin and Lodgen attorneys named to the 2024 “Best Lawyers in America” List and “Ones to Watch” Category
Senior Counsel Thomas F. Maffei selected as “Lawyer of the Year”
Sherin and Lodgen announces that 22 of its attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 30th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America and two were selected in the “Ones to Watch” category. Best Lawyers is considered the oldest and most respected peer review publication in the legal profession.
The Sherin and Lodgen honorees practice in key areas of law, including real estate, litigation, environmental, employment, ethics and professional responsibility, and legal malpractice. The following attorneys were named to the Best Lawyers list:
- Joshua M. Alper (Environmental Law; Real Estate Law)
- Jack Anetakis (Real Estate Law)
- Joshua M. Bowman (Real Estate Law)
- David I. Brody (Employment Law – Individuals; Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Gary D. Buchman (Real Estate Law)
- Robert M. Carney (Real Estate Law)
- Jennifer Ioli Connelly (Real Estate Law)
- Thomas P. Gorman (Commercial Litigation)
- Douglas M. Henry (Real Estate Law)
- John C. La Liberte (Commercial Litigation)
- Ian T. Lane (Real Estate Law)
- Brian J. MacDonough (Employment Law – Individuals; Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Thomas F. Maffei (Arbitration; Commercial Litigation; Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law; Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants; Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants)
- Gary M. Markoff (Real Estate Law)
- Matthew A. Morris (Tax Law)
- Matthew C. Moschella (Commercial Litigation; Employment Law – Management; Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants)
- Carla M. Moynihan (Real Estate Law)
- Sander A. Rikleen (Commercial Litigation; Real Estate Law)
- Ronald W. Ruth (Environmental Law; Real Estate Law)
- Sara Jane Shanahan (Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Insurance)
- Nancy S. Shilepsky (Employment Law – Individuals; Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- John J. Slater III (Real Estate Law)
Additionally, Senior Counsel Thomas F. Maffei was selected as a “Lawyer of the Year” for excellence in arbitration law, a designation which recognizes individual lawyers who have received the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Learn more about Tom being selected as a “Lawyer of the Year” here.
Best Lawyers also recognized Tanya M. Larrabee and Dustyn Marie Mascia in the “Ones to Watch” category for Real Estate Law, which recognizes individual lawyers with five to nine years of experience for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
Best Lawyers is based solely on an exhaustive peer-review survey, in which attorneys cast more than 9.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Best Lawyers highlights the top 5% of practicing attorneys in the United States, covering more than 148 different practice areas. Best Lawyers has been published since 1983 and selections will be featured in the 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©.